Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to make a delay when playing a sample

How to make a delay when playing a sample 2 months 1 week ago #7

• ziyametedemircan
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
I'm sorry, but some part of your request (due to some clauses in the soundfont and MIDI specification) is not possible to fulfill.

While holding the Sustain-pedal, the pad-sound will definitely be active, depending on how long you hold the Sustain-pedal down (not how long you hold the key). This is internally controlled by the piano-keyboard you are using. The position and function of the Sustain-pedal cannot be interfered with from the outside.

Reason: CC064 (Sustain Pedal on-off) is a MIDI-Function. From the moment the pedal is pressed, it accumulates and holds all the note-on command and ignores all note-off commands. When the Sustain-pedal is released, it replaces all the accumulated note-on commands with note-off. Therefore, it cannot be canceled from within the soundfont. And it cannot be used as a Modulator-source either.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: batata004

How to make a delay when playing a sample 2 months 1 week ago #8

• batata004
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you, you guys replied exactly what I was looking for.

@bottrop thank you for pointing out that I need to change the delay in the instrument, and indeed it worked!

@ziyametedemircan thank you for telling me what I want to do is not possible! I would probably waste a few more days trying that and you saved me a lot of time and effort! I appreciate your explanation, very informative!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds
Cron Job Starts